Sunday, January 8, 2012

On a roll, for a change

I'm on a total roll today, so I figured I'd stop by for a minute or two.

Not much to report in the lard ditching department. I could be frustrated by this, but I'm choosing otherwise. If I get frustrated, I'll get discouraged and defeatist and that just sucks. I'll put more of an effort into it and we shall see what happens.

This year has started out pretty well. I've made some decisions about certain personal goals I'd like to reach this year, and wonder of wonder miracle of miracles, I've actually taken steps to make them happen.

The biggest one so far is the decision to try and put wheels back on my feet now that I'm almost 2 years out from my ankle fusion surgery. One of my best friends and I are taking the intro course put on by the city just to get the basics back into our brains, and if that goes well, I'll move forward with the big goal.

It could be a disaster. Frankenankle could very well veto this whole idea, as it did before in its pre-fused state. But, if I don't try, I'm a fool. This is the year that my brain shuts up a bit. This is the year I make shit happen.

And, I am VERY lucky to have good friends, family and a truly awesome boyfriend to lend a ton of support and encouragement.

It's been a long time since I felt this good about what I'm trying to do. I'm just gonna go with it, I'd be an idiot not to.

xo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter