Friday, September 6, 2019

A lot of days.


Wow. 1,572 days since I last posted anything to this space.  That’s a lot of days.
I don’t even know if people still read blogs like this. Not that it really matters, because it’s more of a tool for me, than for anyone else.

There won’t be a rundown of everything I’ve been up to for the past 1,572 days. That would be super repetitive and boring, because my routine isn’t that varied.  But I do think I’ll start posting here again because I loved it, and the thought process behind each post was always helpful in figuring out what the hell it is I’m trying to do. Still trying to do.

This week I spent the day in the ER trying to get a non-disgusting foot problem under control (it’s a ligament thing, and boy howdy, it is not fun). The first step of the triage was me standing on a scale.  A real scale, not like the one at home which is now 4 lbs off in the non-helpful direction.

The reading showed in kilograms, when sent me into a panicked calculation in my head to try and convert it to pounds. It should be noted that I’m not incredibly swift with math, so in trying to think on my (injured) feet, I mentally had myself weighing 370.

Incorrect.  That was not the correct answer.  The answer was 326. What a relief….no, not really.  I knew I was close to that, but when you see that actual, for realsies number in front of you, it’s a bad time.

Being injured always brings the gloom for me, but knowing that bullshit truth is happening really amplified it.  Where do I go now? What should I do? I’ve been hacking away at this for how long, and I’m still stuck here? UGH.

Clearly, both a new strategy and a new experience are needed. So, I took some time to make a difficult phone call this morning, and I’ll hopefully start in a new direction on Monday. We shall see.

No one EVER said that this would be easy. I used to love the challenge, but now it’s overwhelming. Here’s hoping I can dig in my heels and love the challenge, the quest for insane badassery, the old deal all over again.

XO
LB


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter