Wow, I totally forgot to blog yesterday. Nice one.
I was up two pounds this week. Not overly angry about it, because I kind of expected it. That puts me back to 290. THAT gets me angry.
But I can't be totally pissed off about the gain because a) it's mostly water b) it was bound to happen after 4+ weeks of loss and c) shit happens, that's the rule of the universe.
I did some positive things this week that cancel out the shittiness of the gain, I did aquafit on tuesday morning, I walked a lot this week AND I started my new workout with Sharline the other night. These are good things that will make a difference in the long run.
So, on tuesday morning after aquafit was done, I was rinsing out my bathing suit in the shower and I noticed that it was literally being held together by some brave threads. After 10 or so years of faithful service, my favourite bathing suit of all times was falling apart. Black with white trim, flattering cut, oh you served me well. It was time for a new one.
Bathing suit shopping sucks. Especially when you can't just whip into any old store and pick up 5 bikinis for a dollar, or whatever it is that skinny girls pay for their two eyepatches and some dental floss.
I did find a new one though....eighty goddamn dollars later. I needed it, yes, but shit man. That's a lot of dollars, especially because I won't be wearing it for 10 years like my other one. I'm going to be getting smaller (ironically enough because of what I'm doing in said bathing suit) and smaller sizes will warrant smaller suits.
Oh well, it's all money well spent. I got new running shoes for the gym too. They sure are white. I think i'm going to have to wear them outside to slightly dirty them up a bit, they're pretty blinding right now.
In other news, I'm knitting the coolest fucking baby shower gift right now. I am going to take pics of it when it's done and given to the pregnant belly in question. But it's totally fucking rad, and totally taking fucking forever to knit. GRRRRR..
Here's to a better week of lard reduction and structured re-education.
xo
lb

I had been on a hunt for a swimsuit lately, but because I hadnt worn one for YEARS AND YEARS (ok maybe a decade). The ones I did have were from back in my size 14 days (hello sausage casing on fat girl.) I found one in December to wear to Water Aerobics that is now too big, and have walked myself into the world of the tankini. I have found a few that I really like, but the one that I love came from macys.com and has an underwire in it...completely keeps the ladies in place!
ReplyDeleteoooh, the tankini! I'm not quite there yet. They had some at the 2 fat-girl stores we have here in town (which are actually owned by the same company) and I just couldn't do it. I think I need to lose some more inches off my gut before I venture into a tankini, but I think they are awesome and can't wait to get to that point!
ReplyDeleteThe suit I did get is cool though, navy and turquoise with a nice cut, it should do the job for a while.