Sunday, March 11, 2012

early riser

During the work week, my alarm goes off at 4:30 a.m. It's a throwback to when I used to get up every morning and haul my ass to the Y to workout.

These days? Well, let's just say that my backup alarm goes off at 5:30 a.m. And even then, whether or not I get out of bed before 6 is a daily question mark.

But not anymore. If there was one thing that was affirmed when I spent that quality time with the floor of the practice space, it was this: I'm a weakling.

Not mentally (for the most part), but physically. I need to seriously work on my strength if I plan on getting myself OFF the floor. So, tomorrow morning, when that first alarm goes off, it will be pilates time. I still have my video tapes from long ago, and my VCR still works. I need to strengthen everything, especially my core.

I'm cool with this new idea, and I'm actually looking forward to it. I always felt a million times better when I got up super early and went to the gym before work. I know this will get me back in that frame of mind. And it will ultimately help with my skating efforts.

Moving forward, all the time. Time to suck it up and get shit done.

XO
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter