Seriously, I felt like a giant this morning while I waited for the bus to take me away to my meeting, which is weird because I'm only 5'7". There were a few other people at the stop, but it felt like they were dwarves or something, I felt like I was 7 ft. tall. I actually thought to myself "Wow, I am the tallest person at this bus stop" and I immediately wanted to burst out laughing because it was such a dumb observation.
Anyhoo...hey, Thusey, how did your weigh-in go?
Well, I would like to announce that not only did I lose 2lbs this week, I also surpassed my "10% so far" mark AND I cracked the 280's.
Eff yeah, homies!
I am so into this right now, the numbers are showing me what I want to see. I finally have a 2-8 prefix on my weight, and I can't remember the last time I saw that.
This morning's meeting was a complete snore. It's not often that I say that, because I love my meetings, but it was all talk about carbs. Start talking about that and I am out like a light. I don't obsess about carbs. Actually, to be honest, I don't give a shit about carbs. I probably should, but I don't. And to sit in a meeting hearing about that, oh how my mind wandered. It wasn't a waste of time, because I still enjoyed being there with everyone else, but I don't think I could tell you what the hell anyone said about anything.
I noticed that a bunch of people who attend my meeting are there with friends or a relative, unlike me who goes solo. For a few minutes I wondered if I missed going through this without a weight loss buddy. The answer was a definite "no" in my head. Sure, it's fun when you have someone familiar there with you, I did some WW tours of duty with people I know. But I realized today that I am really comfortable doing this on my own, because it's less pressure on me. If I was attending with someone else, I would definitely feel pressure to succeed, and that is a weak point for me. The last thing I need is pressure.
Still need to get more activity in. I'm doing the usual walking to and from work, but I need to do more that will help get rid of the flab. I need to crack the whip!
Yessss 280's. Good to see you. I've almost got my milestone rewards worked out, I will be posting that scheme very soon! Wahooooooo!
xo
lb

Yay for the loss AND double yay for exceeding your 10% of your goal :)
ReplyDeleteI dont pay too much attention to carbs either. Seriously, if I can get to a healthier weight by having 100 Calorie packs sometimes, I dont think the world is going to end. Yay 280's.