Saturday, June 6, 2009

Regularly Scheduled Programming

I am inching ever closer to the first dose of reward ink, friends. I managed to ditch 3.8 lbs this week, putting me at a grand total of 17.8 gone forever. Another 7.2 and I will hit my first reward of getting 1 of my tattoos completely finished off. It feels good to be back on track after a frustrating few weeks. Despite my horrible mood, I feel good about this.

This week I decided to do something out of character for me and I planned a vacation trip for mid-July. This is strange for me because a) I've spent my last two vacations recovering from separate surgeries on the poor, embattled Frankenankle and b) I will be travelling alone for the first time (aside from solo bus and train trips to Toronto and back).

I booked a week off and decided that I needed a change of scenery, something that will make me really value the time I'm taking off. I'll be hopping on the train and travelling to the beautiful city of Montreal. There are 2 museum exhibits I want to see and on the way back home I will be stopping in to see my very best friend and her beautiful family.

I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I rarely travel, and it feels a bit weird to be going by myself. Admittedly, I feel a bit pathetic, but at the same time, my dad always used to do shit like this before he married my step-mom. New scenery in an interesting place, and two really cool exhibits. Sign me up!

xo
lb

3 comments:

  1. Wow great loss!

    Travelling solo can be so great, I can't wait to hear about your trip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I can't wait to get away, only a month to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter