Sunday, July 19, 2009

Paradigm Shift

Yes. I managed to ditch 2.8 this week (while on vacation, no less) and FINALLY break through that 20lb mark. So, I'm officially 21.8 down, which feels amazing.

While I said a couple of weeks ago that, for my own sanity, I needed to see my weight number go down more than anything, I'm experiencing a change of attitude.

This body of mine, while I love it so, needs to change. I've gotten the plan I need in terms of a workout plan, and it's time to kick it into high gear. Yes, this will dick with my numbers at the scale (which still gives me the pip, but science is science I guess) and I am ready for that.

I need to see the bingo wings start to go away a bit. I need to see that belly get smaller. I need to see any sort of change in my assular area (I really don't know how something that doesn't exist be so fat. Curse of the Bells, a flat, fat ass.)

I am preparing myself for the scale non-starter weeks. But more than that, I am preparing to walk out my door at 6 a.m. to hit the gym before work three days a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays are still Deep Water aquafit before work. Then, of course, there's my solid 40 minutes of cardio briskly walking to and from work every single day.

I think that it's important that, while we're focusing so much on our bodies, that we pay attention to our hearts and minds. What's bothering us, what do we need, what's the issue that needs to be addressed?

One day, these curves shall boom, and it's going to take a fuckload of work to get them to boomin' status, but it will be worth it.

Ugh, 6 a.m. Faaaaaaaaak. Kick out the jams, muthafu.....oh you know.

xo
lb


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter