Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vacation is fun with out percs and bullet holes!

Man, do I love being on vacation. Wait, let me get a little more specific: man, do I love being on vacation that doesn't involve any surgery on the Frankenankle.

I'm halfway through my week off from the print shop and I am really loving this week. A much needed break from the grind of typesetting business cards, telling customers their files are set up incorrectly, and trying to figure out registration issues on my colour machine.

On Saturday night I had my second session with the fitness dude at the Y. I was the only one who showed up, so it was an hour long one-on-one teach about the weight machines I will be using in my quest for "boomin' curves". I am totally totally totally excited. Totally. For real.

Yesterday was spent at the beach up at Grand Bend. My friend Pam and I made a day of it and it was so good to get back to the beach where I spent what feels like a million happy hours as a kid. The weather was perfect, Lake Huron looked like something out of the Caribbean (for reals, I've never seen it so blue) and I got to take a walk down memory lane.

This photo is of yours truly at age 2 or 3, hangin' with my mom on the same stretch of beach we were at yesterday. It felt good to be back there, although I will admit that it made me miss my mom a little more.

I rocked that fucking hat ages before LL Cool J did.

Today feels like a bike ride kind of day. I'm a bit nervous to be taking Betty out on the streets, but oh well, time to suck it up and make my investment worthwhile.

Oh yeah, while at the beach yesterday, I fully admit to eating french fries, an ice cream cone and sippin' on a root beer. They're all tracked for posterity, and I still didn't break my limit yesterday. Still, there is an insanely good reason why I don't eat that shit all the time, mostly because I don't want my heart to explode. But honestly, I couldn't even finish the fries, and the ice cream cone melted more than I ate. I really cannot go back to how I used to eat. A very very very good thing.

Alright, the sun is out (for now) and I need to get my ass in gear.

peace out

LB

2 comments:

  1. Stay diligent, because–unfortunately–you can go back to the old ways. Sometimes I think our brains our working against the best interest of our bodies, for some unfathomable reason.

    And way to rock out that hat. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I thought about how I phrased that after I posted this blog, and I realized that I could have worded that bit better than I had.

    Really, what I mean to say is that I cannot let myself go back to the old ways, because it's fucking DOOM if I do.

    If I ever get so cocky and invincible as to say that it's 100% impossible for me to return to lard-ass country, you all have permission to smack me upside the head.

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter