Well, I'm happy to say that I'm still alive and relatively unscathed after that bout with the Ebola Virus or whatever the fuck that was last week. Today, I expected a gain at the scales, and I wasn't wrong, but it definitely not as bad as I thought it would be. Only up 1.4, which is pretty rad. That brings the total to 39lbs of lard successfully ditched.
As my surgery approaches, I'm forced to evaluate what I do in everyday life that costs money, and I know that I'll have to suspend my WW membership sooner than later. I might keep it going until the weekend before my surgery, but honestly money is money and the more I have saved up before my medical leave, the better. But we'll see. It's one of the very few things I do every week, so I might allow myself my meetings right up until the bitter, arthritic end.
Two people have asked me if I'm worried about the 3 months I'll be spending off-program. Will I give up? Will I go off the rails? Is the year+ of work I've done going to go right out the window?
I can confidently say "No."
One of the main points is this process is that it's a lifestyle change. Not a whim, not a notion, it's an overhaul of mind and habit. I enjoy the way I've chosen to do this, no matter how frustrated I may get. If anything, my time off will help me even further in my progress because I will be telling people what to buy if they go to the store for me, I will be completely and publicly accountable for the food in my house. Plus, I'm going to be cooped up in my apartment, far from any food courts, fast food, or tim hortons. The safety margin is nice and wide, and I know I will be alright.
Once I'm well enough, I'll be able to start swimming again and getting back into physical training, but that will be a slow and crazy process. Tons of physio and learning how to cope with a fused ankle that forces me to move differently.
I thought it was a good question though, because it really wouldn't be surprising if people did use a situation like mine to say "oh fuck it, I'll start over again when I'm well, pass the ribs." But I know that I'm focused and on a FAR better path than I was just over a year ago. Just gotta keep going no matter what gets thrown my way.
Oh god, I sound like a fucking motivational speaker. Spare me.
xo
lb

No comments:
Post a Comment