Saturday, March 27, 2010

I meant it when I said it.

Remember those 2 lbs I said could eff off last week? Well, I meant it. So much that 1.8 of them got the hell outta dodge this week. Good riddance. I realized late in the week that I had fallen back into my habit of not eating a good balance of my points during the day. I've been buying soup on sale that is only 2 points and chowing down on that almost every day. They're filling but shit dudes, that leaves SO many points for dinner. Gotta balance it out and get back to my 8 point lunches. Then some ass-kicking on the scale will happen.

I got to my meeting this morning anxious to see what kind of week D had (I wrote about her last week). While she was up on the scale, this time she knew exactly why it happened and was fine with it. Also, they had the final session of an extreme makeover program at her place of work and while she was dreading getting measured again, it turns out that she's lost 14 inches in 9 weeks. That did wonders for D, and it was so nice to see her back in the swing of things. She's a sweet lady and she came directly over to me to say thank-you for last week. I told her that's what the meetings are all about, and it was my pleasure. Which it was.

It really hit me this week, just how much I am going to miss my saturday morning meetings. Three months will be a long time not to sit in that room and talk/laugh about problems or victories. I'm glad that I know it's just temporary, and that come August, I'll be able to go back and stand on that scale.

I'm still getting ready for the orthopedic blitzkrieg. Getting my house ready, or "hobbleable" as I put it, training my replacement at work starts on Monday, going over in my head what I'll need to gather for the duration. I have so many amazing family members and friends willing to help me out while I'm down, it's incredibly humbling.

Man, I'm totally procrastinating though. I should be moving furniture. But....here I blog. Oh well, there's always tomorrow, and then there's a holiday on Friday due to Good Friday. Sweeet. I loves me a short work week.

Peace oot, doods.
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter