Sunday, May 16, 2010

'Allo mate, 'ow ya keepin'?


See above for the reason I haven't been around much. That big white thing is cast #1 after having my ankle fused last monday. It's awkward and non-stylish, but it does a great job of containing my wounded paw.

Dude, not gonna lie, this shit HURTS. Being upright, defined as doing anything that doesn't have my leg elevated above my heart, causes the worst kind of cartoon Wile E. Coyote foot in the world, and gives me what I think is the equivalent to being pounded on the shin with a huge wooden mallet (you know, Kathy Bates in Misery style).

Apparently, the surgery went well, but I won't know much more until I head back to bone doctor's for my first follow-up appointment next week. That's when I finally get to find out what kind of hardware I'm packing these days. It's been 7 years since I sported 12 pins and a big plate in that ankle.

So yeah, I am doing my best to write when I can (note that it's 2:43 on a sunday morning, and the drugs are wearing off too early), but I'm here. I swear. And I'm eating, but staying on the rails.

I'll be back, most likely at some ungodly hour.

xo
lb

2 comments:

  1. Frankenankle is risen! Hope you're keeping on top of the pain. Stay on the drugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahah that doesn't sound like a positive message for the youth of today!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter