Monday, August 2, 2010

All Fired Up

Here it is, the last week of my 3 months of housebound recovery. I've been on my butt since my surgery on May 10th. Let me tell you (even though I already have), that gimpin' ain't easy.

I'm getting really excited to get a move on and be able to walk a little bit. On Wednesday, I go see Bone Doctor who will (hopefully) be telling me that it's cool to be 50% weight bearing at this point. I'll be able to walk with the aid of my crutches, and within certain limits, but it's walking just the same. I'll also be finding out what kind of physio schedule I'll have to deal with, but any progress is good!

THEN, I get to visit one of my favouritest places on earth: the tattoo shop! Oh sweet mother am I ever excited about that. I finally get to mark the end of this part of the journey.

After I get through this week, I'll be able to consider getting back to my regular meetings and really start kicking out the jams to get back on the full time weight loss train.

I'm pretty proud of the fact that I've made a real effort to stay on the wagon despite being down for so long and not being able to really weigh in. Nothing disastrous, no hopeless feeling of "can't go home again". I haven't wavered on my plans to get back to meetings as soon as I could manage it and weigh in, I haven't deviated from my long term goals. If this surgery had happened before I'd gone back to WW, there's no way I would be thinking like this. I would have given up and completely screwed myself over.

With this motivation building up, I decided to see what three months spent sitting on my ass (literally, no walkies whatsoever) has done to my measurements. Of course, since I feel like Jabba the Hut these days, I was scared to break out the tape measure to assess the damage. Curiousity won out in the end, though. And man, it was worth my while to measure up.

I've managed to ditch some inches over the past 3 months, and I'm not even talking about the 3 that I've lost off my right calf thanks to the magic of muscle atrophy.

I've lost over an inch off my waist and hips! What the what?

How does that happen when I've been completely inactive all this time? Doesn't matter, I'm just so glad to see those two numbers went down a bit. I thought for sure that they would have gone up, sometimes it's good to be wrong.

This happy news is just spurring me on to get back to the normal routine, to keep eating well and just to keep going in general. What could have totally fucked me up has given me encouragement. All systems are getting back to go. This is a very good thing.

Alright alright alright!

xo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter