ahahahha WHOA.
Ages ago, I started eating oat bran cereal that I get by the shovel-full in a bulk store. Now, I'm not 100% sure where I got the nutritional info to calculate the old points for it, but I finally sat down and looked up the bulk store's version of the info and ahahahahah it turns out I've been shovelling 9 points+ worth of cereal into my gullet every morning (combined with 2tsp of healthy oil for 2p+, brown sugar for 2p+, and canned pumpkin which is awesome at zero p+ for 1 cup) so that's a whopping 13 pointsplus for my breakfast, not including my coffee. I was definitely doing some inaccurate accounting up until now, and considering that sometimes my breakfast food also serves as my dinner, I'm spending waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many of my daily 40 on it.
This little adventure in reality based accounting is really helping me get my head back around what I'm doing here. I fully admit that I'm being lazy. I am not working as hard as I could/should be at ditching this lard. I could lay the blame on any number of things, but what it comes down to is that I'm not working hard enough.
I need to smarten up.
I didn't do anything positive this week. I didn't track, I didn't go to yoga, I ate boring food that just served a purpose and wasn't enjoyed. Ridiculous.
Things will change this week. I've already got my tracker going, I've started exploring recipes on skinnytaste.com so I can get some tasty variety happening, and I'm committing to at least 1 hot yoga class this week, hopefully more than that.
I've pulled myself out of the pit before, and it's time to start clawing again.
There's a world of difference between being in the pit and being in the trenches.
xo
LB

No comments:
Post a Comment