Saturday, March 12, 2011

Digging out.

Once again, I kind of fell off the blog radar. I kind of want to apologize, but really, do you guys need that? Lots of bloggers are finding their way back and apologizing for being incommunicado. I can't say that I'm sorry for not saying much lately, mostly because if I did churn out some generic posts, it would be total boringtown and I think that's more of a disservice to you guys than me going radio silent for a bit.

Or I could be an insensitive jackass, so if my absence bothers or concerns you, just give me a shout! I would definitely blog on demand.

So, what's been going on over here? Not a whole hell of a lot. Winter is so fucking boring. Everything seems dormant and hibernating, and I'm no exception. Aside from yoga at least once a week and resuming my walk to and from work, it's just work and sleep. I'm dying for the snow to be gone for good and for summer funsies to resume.

I miss patios, t-shirts and cute shoes. I miss big sunglasses, beach days and warm breezes. I miss (safe) sun tans and freckles on my nose. I'm starting to get the spring fever, that's pretty clear.

I suppose I should talk about weight loss, even though I don't really want to. I know, the fact that I don't want to blather on about the main thing in my life is astonishing, even to me. Fact is, I'm pissed.

Now, let it be said: I am not shit talking the program in general, nor am I opposed to it. Without those number values or the amazing staff of the organization, I would not be where I am today. I would still be wallowing in my own crapulence or even worse off than I was before. I love what I have achieved thus far and am looking forward to getting even further.

Now, let this be said (again): I'm pissed. I'm pissed that I can't seem to make the new numbers work for me. I was doing really well on Momentum, but now? Not so much. The past three weeks I was creeping upward at each weigh in, to the point where I had gained back 6 of those hard fought lost pounds. Despite doing everything I was supposed to do, it was up, up, up.

Thankfully, this week I saw a 2lb loss, but knowing that most of that was water was disheartening. I'm stuck. I am fucking stuck. I've done everything I know to do to bust up a plateau. I have to admit that this new plan may not be for me, and if things continue to be shit next week, I will probably go back to counting Momentum style.

I'm not being stubborn and resistant to change. I've seen a lot of that attitude floating around and it sucks. I've been giving the new program the old college try since december and it ain't really doin' it for me. Maybe it's time to go back to what I know works. we shall see.

I will try not to suck as much and be back next week!

Peace oot!
xo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter