Monday, August 1, 2011

Every War Chief Needs An Advisor.

Tomorrow sees another press of the restart button when it comes to this battle. Not just a do-over, it's an tactical change.

A little while ago, I was lucky enough to finally get a new family doctor. here in Longdong, Ontario, that is no small feat right now. What's even better is that this doctor has a dietitian on staff who's services are covered by our provincial health care plan. Of course, I'm totally down with that, and tomorrow is my first appointment.

In the months since I left WW, nothing has changed. Actually, I've gained a few pounds, but that's no shock because I haven't been tracking my food. But for the most part, I'm stuck. Fucking stuck.

Tomorrow's appointment doesn't come without my usual level of medical-professional-apprehension. They always make me nervous and the thought of dealing with them stresses me out to the max. It sucks.

The "what ifs" are bouncing around my brain, mostly worst case scenarios. What if she says "You were doing what you're supposed to be doing, I have no idea why it isn't working. You're fucked. Run along, fatty." (actually, I kind of want her to say that word for word because it would be hilarious, and then I'd trash her office).

Or what if she says "go back to WW"? I loved it, but it simply stopped working for me, and I can't justify paying that money for something that simply isn't working for me. Maybe she'll pay for it.

Stress aside, I know tomorrow's appointment is a step in the right direction. I want to be healthy, and I need to sharpen my focus on what it is I want to achieve. I know I can't do it alone, so it's time to call in a pro.

Fingers crossed as I move forward in this (slightly) new direction.

xo
lb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter