I've learned something in the months that I've been away from WW: I need the leash.
Sure, classifying the accountability to others, and the self-responsibility that comes with it as "the leash" may sound a bit harsh, but I assure you that it is not.
I haven't gone off the rails and gained back all the weight, I haven't renewed my love affair with any fast food chains, nor have I reunited with my old friend pudding. What I have discovered is that if I don't have the boot in the ass, I simply won't pay attention to myself and what I'm doing.
The incentive of the weigh-in and paying for what I'm doing has always been one of the big parts of what I'm trying to achieve. When I left, I had hit a wall and I couldn't justify paying for it anymore. Fair enough. Few people could fault me for that. Hell, even my leader couldn't fault me for that. But I started thinking that maybe if I went back now, clean slate and clear mind, it might be different.
There's a good chance my brain, consciously or otherwise, could have been stubborn. Or lazy. Probably both, I'm familiar with its past work.
So, barring some massive change of heart, I will head back to camp on Saturday. The more I think about it, the more it feels like the right decision. Time and numbers will tell.
As you were.
XO
LB

No comments:
Post a Comment