Another week of following plan and being a good lard ditcher, and it paid off with the scale going down another pound. there are a couple of things I could have done better with this week, but overall, I kept it real and reaped the benefits. Considering my work related rage/stress level, the fact that I stayed on program and lost a pound is a goddamn miracle.
In the meeting today we talked about the time we put into our program efforts and how they work into our daily lives. I noticed that I scoffed to myself when the topic of "not having time to track" came up. What shocked me about said scoff was that I used to be a non-tracker. Not out of a lack of time, but out of sheer laziness with a hint of denial.
Looking back at my last go-round, I can see that later on, I got really goddamn lazy. So lazy that I couldn't even be accountable for how much food I was consuming or the laziness that prevented me from measuring the food and tracking it all.
This time, it is different. Food scale is front and centre on the counter. Tracker is with me at all times. And most importantly, the accountability is there. Every goddamn thing that I eat is getting written down and alloted the correct points plus values.
And it feels fucking awesome.
I know the progress will be slow, but the effort and the desire to succeed is back. I have another 12lbs to go in order to get back to my lowest weight, but I know that will happen sooner than later.
Hopefully this week will be a little more exciting to write about. I'm still trying to get back into the habit of getting words up here. Bear with me!
XO
LB

No comments:
Post a Comment