The minute I walked in, I knew I had made the right decision. The feeling among the people there was happy and familiar. Exactly what I needed.
Once the paperwork was done, I stepped on the scale and my weight was recorded. This time, instead of cursing out the scale and myself, I felt fine. I felt confident in the fact that this was the last time I would see a number that high on my sheet.
The meeting got underway and right off the bat, I loved the woman who runs the show. All the meeting leaders are WW lifetime members who have achieved their goals and maintained them. She has a great personality and is a great speaker. It's traits like that that make a huge difference. It motivates me if the person who is guiding me through this is positive and funny. If they were stern and unfeeling, I would be finished before I even got started.
I'm going to spend the rest of my night reading more of the materials I was given today (program basics, etc), but from what I've read and heard so far, it totally makes sense. Some of it draws on the previous programs they've run so it's not completely foreign territory for me. I started at WW fourteen years ago (I know, holy shit, eh?) and have been involved in both Selection and Points plans. Momentum is still points-based, but it has been retooled to focus on filling foods that will keep you satisfied longer and making healthier, more sensible choices.
I feel so good, it feels great to finally be getting going on this. It was totally worth braving the windchill and nervous stomach to go there this morning. And having the love and support of so many friends and family members (you know who you are!) helps more than you can even imagine.
It has been a long time since I have felt this positive about what I was doing. I'm doing something right for a change! Shocking, I know.
Peace out.
LB
(originally posted in the old blog on Saturday January 17, 2009)

No comments:
Post a Comment