Saturday, January 31, 2009

Holding pattern

It was weigh-in day today, and I was exactly where I was last week. Right down to the decimal point. 300.6. It's been a weird week, both WW-wise and everything else-wise. I stayed on program and on-target with my points but honestly, I could have made some better choices. I fully own up to that.

I need to start cooking ahead, really getting into what I'm doing. I want to be one of those people that has an amazing database of recipes burned on their brain, stuff that is shockingly good for you but you'd never know it. I took some time to pick up some produce and a few other healthy items after the meeting (which is held in meeting rooms above a big grocery store) and will make some soup tomorrow loaded with vegetables.

Honestly, I'm annoyed that I stayed the same, even though I really shouldn't be. It's mainly because in my heart of hearts, I want magic to happen every week on that scale. Miracles. Breakthroughs. I want them, but never ever expect them. You have to do the work to see the results and any fuck-ups I had this week are all down to me and the choices that I make.

But part of me would like to blame the piece super-rad homemade carrot cake my step-mom made for my dad's birthday dinner. That shit is off the charts. I would LIKE to blame that, but I can't. I tracked that motherfucker, though.

Maybe next week I'll finally be out of the 300's for good. We'll see. I'm going to do the work, make the right choices and we'll see how it goes.

I'm still annoyed, though. No one needs to know that I'm pouting right now.

xo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter