Saturday, January 24, 2009

Week 2

Well, this morning I hit up the 10:15 meeting. I found last week's meeting to be really crowded and thought I'd take a chance on the slightly later meeting this week, and I'm glad I did! I got there about 45 minutes before the meeting started and didn't have to deal with the line-up to weigh in, and it gave me plenty of time to check out the new material I got for week two (about activity) and the kit I had bought which has some awesome books in it.

On my way to the meeting, I was nervous, I had been for the past few days. I really didn't know what was going to happen on the scale because I felt like I had eaten a ton of food this week and haven't gotten myself into a eating routine yet. However, as I rode the bus there, I found myself at peace with whatever outcome came about. If I gained, it was fine. At least I was doing something about it. If I lost, awesome, keep it up.

So, I arrived at the meeting space (it's at the Superstore on Oxford east, they have nice meeting rooms upstairs) and the other meeting had just let out, so there was hardly anybody there. I headed for the scale area and just told myself "it is what it is". I was there, at the meeting, and that's what mattered most.

The lady did some administrative stuff, and I stepped on the scale. The staff have the readings faced toward them, for confidentiality's sake, and if you're on the scale, you can see what it says. Today it said 300.6.

As much as my brain had tried to convince me otherwise, I am down 3.4 from my recorded starting weight of 304. I actually let a "WHOA!" slip out of my mouth, I was so surprised. And incredibly pleased, to say the least.

In the meeting, Moya (the woman who runs the Saturday meetings) talked about emotional eating, she's a fantastic leader and a great speaker. We also got into a discussion about scales at home (weird, eh? I just blogged about that in "Temptation #1") and almost everyone there had the same issues I have with it. I am going to pack my scale away, it will make me crazy if I don't. I just have to have faith in myself and do the work required. What happens, happens.

Funny, when the meeting started, I thought the attendance was lower than the earlier meeting, but when it was over, I looked around and it was standing room only. It made me feel really good, to be part of this community. I'm very much not alone in what I'm doing, and that is very helpful to know.

Here comes another week, another week I'm willing to do the work required to make myself a healthier, happier person. Another week where I take back the control I lost many years ago. Another week of learning and doing. I have to say that so far, I love it.

xo
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter