Ghostbusters is on this afternoon. If that's not an indication that I should sit my ass down and do some knitting, I don't know what is. I am woefully behind on my current order and want to get it out the door ASAP. It's time to kick out the jams.
It's Saturday and that means it is weigh-in day. After last week's whole heap of jack screw on the scale reading, I was feeling pretty blah about the possible outcome this week. I had such a problem eating all my points all week, I felt like shit and I took on more water than the fucking Titanic earlier in the week. But I went. And I stepped on that scale and stood up straight, not looking at the reading. I warned the lady that it had been a watery week, but before I knew it, I was getting a high-five (I can never resist an old-lady offering me a high-five. I find them hilarious and endearing).
I have a new number at the start of my weight. The three is gone. I managed to ditch 2.4 lbs this week taking me down to 298.2. I cracked the cursed 300 mark. Fucking right.
Watching the lard odometer wind down into the 200's does wonders for my mentality right now. Something is happening, progress is being made. I am managing my food, and most importantly, I'm moving more. Walking to work 3 days a week makes a huge difference in terms of my mood and how my arthritis treats me. (Side note: I have very bad degenerative arthritis in my right ankle after annihilating it on an icy sidewalk almost 6 years ago, and after having 4 surgeries on it, walking can be an unpleasant task at times)
To celebrate my little victory, I took the time to buy a yoga/exercise mat for the days that I don't get to walk to our downtown shop. If I can even just get myself to do the 8 minute tae-bo tape at night, I'll be happy. Hahahah remember tae-bo? There's a trend that lasted five minutes. But I'll tell you this: when I did the 8 minute workout in the morning and followed ww program all day, I lost inches off my arms and legs. I figure this will give me a head start for when I finally suck it up and join the Y. I'm very gym-o-phobic, hence me being a total procrastinator when it comes to signing up.
I'm in love with the 2 in front of my weight right now. It's the number I needed to see today.
XO
LB

Yes!! So proud of you Lesley!
ReplyDeleteSarah