Saturday, March 7, 2009

Baboon County USA

I should know better when I feel all good and light when I head off to my meeting. If I don't have that nervous feeling then something is going to fuck up on the scales.

Yeah, I felt all good and light when I headed off to my meeting. Doomed.

The weather is nice right now, so I headed out in a hoodie instead of my coat and took my time when I got to the meeting. There was hardly anyone there, so I got settled and then went to weigh in.

I was up last week, but I towed the line this week, so I doubted I would be up.

WRONG.

+1.4.

To quote Rev. Lovejoy "....and that's when I got angry."

AS FUCKING IF. As if I had gained. Man, I had an emotionally shitty week, but I tracked and ate properly, no boo-hoo-binge for this girl. And I was STILL up? WTF, mate?

It's water. Plain and simple. Girly-water. Thanks a lot, mother nature.

But even though I know what the problem is, I'm still pissed off. I'm so sick of the 290's. I want to be in the 280's. I'm doing the work and I want the goddamn results! What a brat, eh?

I was SO pissed off when I left, then getting drenched in a downpour made it even better. THEN when the bus came, a "never quite made it to boyfriend status but still as awkward" was the goddamn driver. I had to stand there and talk to him, half-listening as he complained about his life. Great. It would have been so easy just to come straight home and admit defeat. My pajamas were waiting, nay, CALLING to me. So close, but still...I got off the bus downtown.

I decided that I was pissed off enough about my weight and fatness to get off the bus in the pouring rain and walk my ass over to the Y. I trucked on over and got the tour, and I am now a member of the London, Ontario YMCA.

So excited. After watching episode after episode of the Biggest Loser (I know, I know), I am ready to work my ass off. Literally. There isn't the intimidation of the other fitness clubs here in town, and the schedule and location are perfect for me. The price is reasonable and I'm ready.

Jesus. The day I get excited about joining any sort of gym is a day to remember.

xo
LB

1 comment:

  1. YES! Love that you took that anger and used it Thoo! Dude, you are awesome! You are a rock star! You are an inspiration already Les, I hope you know that. I am SO mother-flippin' proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter