Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Of Pool Noodles and Ray Parker Jr.

Eff yeah, I got up and did 45 minutes of deep water aquafit this morning. It was awesome, and I will definitely be doing that again. I'm really happy with my decision to join (and eventual ability to suck it up and actually do it).

Somehow, waking up at 5a.m., getting ready, haulin' ass downtown, working out, and the going to work for a full, busy day has me feeling so much better than usual. I'm sure preachy fitness fanatics would be all "See? I told you so, lardass!" They would totally say Lardass too, and would be fucking jazzercising while they say it, just to piss me off even more.

But yeah, I feel great, my shoulders hurt a bit, and i'm sure I'll be a hurtin' unit tomorrow, but I have to start somewhere, right?

Of course, there HAD to be cheesy up-tempo music to go along with the aquabics. I started to laugh a little when I heard the intro to the theme from Ghostbusters. But I got all confused when Michael Jackson's voice started singing over it. Where was Ray Parker Jr.?!? Why was he not telling me how he ain't afraid of no ghosts? Why was Michael trying (in vain) to tell me how bad he was?

It turned out to be the lamest mashup ever. I have developed an incredibly powerful hatred of most 80's pop music, and this just added to it. Whyyyyyy do people listen to this shit? I'll never understand.

But I digress. Sorry. Deep water aquafit: YES. I could feel that it's a really good and incredibly subtle workout while I was doing it. I totally dig it.

xo
lb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter