2 pounds gone forever. Even if I gain 2 at some point, they won't be the same 2lbs. that I lost this week. Gone forever. Smell ya later.
I don't think my brain "gets" my body at all. They're like the odd couple. Brain perceives and interprets body all wrong. Brain sees body but doesn't think body is as big or shaped as it is. Brain is far too kind to body in terms of how it thinks of it.
Then, you have days like today when brain was convinced that body was heavier than it actually is. So, we have a brain that is not only somewhat generous in the physical self-perception area, but also completely out of whack with how body feels when it comes to weight loss. Opposite end of the spectrum.
The basic level of understanding is there, though. Both brain and body know something isn't right. Both know that there is too much body. Both know and feel that there is the equivalent of another human being weighing on body.
Doesn't that just blow your fucking mind? If I were my healthy weight and carried one of my sisters around on my back all the time, that would equal what I weigh now. I am carrying another adult human being around on this frame 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. No wonder arthritis has such a good time with me. I'm two people in one. That's a party waiting to happen.
I wish I was happier about the 2 lbs that I lost this week. I think I'm just mad that I am working off what I gained over the previous 2 weeks. I'm an impatient person, I've mentioned this before.
I want everything to happen swiftly and efficiently. I don't want potholes in the road, I don't want detours. I want straight ahead results and I want 'em NOW.
However, I know this isn't the deal. It's years of hard work that lay ahead of me, but I know I can do it. I know that since I've managed to stick to following program for two months now, I can do it. There haven't been any potato-based disasters, no deep-fried relapses....yet. Never say never, I can never rule out the possibility of it all going to pot out of the blue. Nothing is for certain in this world, and my lard-ditching odyssey is no exception.
I loved the deep aquafit this past week, and I can't wait to do it again. I'm going to start hitting the elliptical and treadmill this week as well. It's time to start getting my ass in gear. I have the motivation to do it, so I have to take that for what it is.
Physical proof is what I need now, more than ever. Whether it's what the scale says or what the tape measure says, it doesn't matter. I need to see a result.
That being said, I'm whipping out the tape measure and recording my stats. This will help me track my progress. So, here we go:
Upper arms (a.k.a. the bingo wings): 16"
Chest: 46" (not including my fine uptown rack)
Belly at its most prominent point: 58.5" (booooooooo)
Thighs: 32.5" at their widest point
Calves: 20" (let it be known that my calves are rock hard muscle, so any loss in inches there will be interesting to see)
So there ya have it. In lieu of a "before" pic, you get some numbers on a screen. When all is said and done I will do a before/after pic thing, but since that won't happen for a while, I'll keep it to myself.
The most important part is that there is now a "before" and even more importantly, there is now a "during".
xo
LB

No comments:
Post a Comment