Friday, April 10, 2009

gotta gotta get away

I am aware that I desperately need a vacation. A real vacation, definitely a vacation that doesn't involve any kind of surgery on my ankle (that is how I've spent my last couple of vacations, fun fun fun).

Today I find myself wanting more. I still daydream about vanishing for a while just to concentrate on weight loss and exercise. A covert conversion. My own personal biggest loser deal. Vanity takes over my imagination sometimes, and I gotta tell ya, the thought of jaws dropping left right and centre is a pretty sweet feeling. Far-fetched, but sweet.

It is an impossible dream. My furniture is not made out of buckets of cash, and really, real life just isn't that way. Very few people can afford the time and cabbage required to run away and transform themselves. The rest of us have work, homes, and lives to deal with instead. But man, the thought of pissing off to some remote island in the south pacific to be relentlessly trained by some taskmaster trainer for a few months sounds pretty good to me right about now.

Sometimes, when the chips are down, our imaginations are all we have. Somehow, those far-fetched daydreams can be parlayed into some kind of incentive in our daily lives. One day, I will reach my goal of having lost 150lbs. One day, all of this flab will be gone for good.

One day.

I hope it's tomorrow.

Just kidding.

xo
lb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter