FINALLY.
I finally cracked the double digits and am now sitting at a 10.2 lb total loss. I had no idea how it was going to go today, I had made some changes this week to what I was eating for lunch every day and I did walk a fair bit this week. But still, I am leery of getting my hopes up because we all know what kind of profanity laden, not safe for the eyes and ears of the delicate rant that would ensue.
Our usual leader was away this week, and I have to say that I don't like the one that subs in for her. I considered not staying for the meeting when I saw that it was her running the show this morning, but I stayed anyway. I actually really like going to the meetings and dedicating that chunk of my saturday morning to it. Also, I don't really like the idea of hauling ass across town on the bus just to step on a scale and get back on a bus immediately. That kind of sucks balls, so I like sitting down for a bit and just taking in what other people have to say about our common struggle.
Anyway, this substitute leader, I don't like her method. Not that it's radically different from Moya's or anything, but this chick is totally old school and seems to have a problem getting to the freaking point. And then there's the flip sheets. Oh, how there are flip sheets. It seems like for every point she (eventually) makes, there's a fucking flip sheet. Yes, visual aids can be helpful, but when you constantly get tied up in them or can't find the page you're looking for, you just gotta cut that shit out.
When I called my dad for the weekly check-in (he and his wife are doing their own weight-loss thing right now), he called me a weasel because I had lost this week. Dad and Kathie are stuck in some plateaus right now, so it was definitely a "Good for you, you weasel!" moment. He's stuck at 8 and Kathie is stuck at 10. Not too shabby, but I know exactly how they feel. I come by my "I want it all NOW" tantrums honestly, my dad can be the king of those. At least we can laugh about it, right? What freakin' brats we Bells can be.
So, on to week 12. More movement, better food planning and hopefully some more success at the scale. I want to make this a roll, not a fluke.
xo
lb

No comments:
Post a Comment