Saturday, April 18, 2009

Striking distance

Yesssss. For the third consecutive week I showed a loss at the scale. For now I've broken the back and forth cycle I was stuck in. Please note that I said "For now", since I know that it could easily start again next week.

I was down 1.2 which puts me at a total loss of 12.4. I feel really good, I'm finally starting to notice big changes in my energy level and mindset, changes that are always welcome. The weather here is awesome right now (it's 22 degrees celsius today, I LOVE it) and that helps get me motivated to move more. This week, I am making a concrete effort to get to at least 2 deep aquafit sessions. The frankenankle is really being a bitch these days and I need to get my poor arthritic joints into the pool.

I went out last night to see one of my favourite bands play. Canadian punk legends and great grandads were in town and I had a really good time. Part of the reason I had such a good time, aside from the obvious, is because I felt really good in what I was wearing. Big new doc marten hiking boots, a flattering pair of skinny cut jeans and black jersey shirt that would be considered tight. It was the first time I could feel that I am starting to lose weight and I felt comfortable in the clothes I was wearing. I even exposed my upper arms which NEVER EVER EVER happens.

At the end of the night, with the assistance of my partner in crime for the evening, I got to meet the guys in the band and get my picture taken with each of them. Even more significant because I have some of their album artwork tattooed on one of those big upper arms, which just happens to be the visage of the singer. It was definitely a thrill to meet them and they rocked my face off live (again).

I'm going to do some more work on my goal-setting this weekend. We talked about goals today in the meeting and I want to come up with a goal structure that will keep me motivated and driven. Most of it will be tattoo related, but I'm sure there will other incentives thrown in there as well.

So, here's hoping that I managed to rack up at least another 1.6lb loss this week so I hit the 10% mark. I believe I can do it, so we'll just have to keep rollin' and see what happens.

xo
lb

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the loss! I know its hard to be confident in weekly losses, since there is no way of knowing what the scale is going to do (unless you binge...then its easy to figure out :D), but be confident lady! Youre doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter