Saturday, September 26, 2009

Disenchanted evening...

I'm taking a break from therapeutic knitting to blog. I don't want to, but I'm doing it.

Today was one of those stupid weigh-ins that people dread. The weigh-in that comes after a week of following plan TO A TEE, doing everything right, not so much as a brief culinary indiscretion, only to have a gain on the scale.

Yes, there are reasons for it. Water. Last week's loss. Whatever. None of those things provide any sort of consolation at the moment. I am pissed.

I am going to switch up the menu this week, go over my old trackers and see what I haven't been eating lately, see what's what. I already bought some fennel and carrots to roast for dinner tomorrow night, and I'll sort the rest out tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm just going to knit and try to figure things out. I need to calibrate my brain and get my shit together. I'm tired of the 270's and need to get the fuck out of 'em.

I feel like I'm in a mild nosedive and I need to pull up. I need to reclaim some sort of control. I need to keep going with that whole battle mode feeling.

Have a good week, keep your chin up.

XO
LB

4 comments:

  1. Good luck beating the 270s. Checking the old trackers is always a good idea. Sometimes you just get stuck in a rut and need to be reminded of a simpler time when you didn't HATE your diet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'll always hate the lard more than I hate the diet/eating plan, so that's what will keep me going through this.

    Gotta downshift back to first gear, I think. Get a little of the newbie fear back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey doll, thanks for following me!

    have you ever read anything about a WW hybrid called the Wendie plan? google it. when i was on WW, i followed the wendie plan and it worked really well. you switch up the ammount of points you eat per day and sync it with your workout schedule and by some trick of physics it works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna check that out! Just saying it has anything to do with physics makes it sound impressive, so I definitely need to investigate.

    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter