I'm a shirtpuller. Always have been, most likely always will be. I have holes at the bottom hem of the old shirt I'm wearing because I'm constantly pulling it down. Never because it's riding up, or anything like that, I'm constantly tugging on my shirt to hide what no shirt ever could. My back rolls. My belly. My ass. I used to love big shirts, because they would (as far as I was concerned) hide the obvious. Even though I know a thin piece of fabric will ever hide it, I still find myself living the shirtpuller dream these days. I do wonder if I'll ever stop, even years from now when I reach my goal.
I was up 0.8 this week, but honestly, I was relieved. I lost 3 last week and am enduring the female life aquatic so I was braced for a much larger gain. So, I'm definitely not complaining.
This week, my boss and I got into a conversation about weight loss after he remarked on how differently I'm starting to look. Don't worry, it was nothing smarmy or out-of-line, it was a compliment and interest in the process. It was a great conversation about the difficulties of food and training (he trains for marathons), it's cool to relate to him on a human level.
Some of my friends related to my quest to ditch the pounds this week, one of them being my co-worker who lifted 6 reams of 20# bond to feel what the 30 lbs I've lost feels like. She's pocket-sized and was carrying the stack around with a grimace. She said "here, you try it, see what it feels like." I just laughed and said "I already know what it feels like, it was on me!" I did pick up the stack and man, it wasn't light. It really brought that milestone home for me, it's a hefty amount of lard, that 30lbs.
It's thanksgiving here in Canada this weekend, and of course there's going to be a shameful display of awesome at my sister's house tomorrow. But, I have to admit, I'm not stressed about it at all. I'm not getting the gravy shakes, the turkey twitch, or the stuffing sweats. I'm not foaming at the mouth when I think of the desserts, and the wine is a non-issue for me. It's going to be just fine and all under control.
Hopefully back in action at the gym this week. I'm exhausted all the time, I need to get back into it!
xo
lb

i gave you an award lovely!
ReplyDeletestop by my blog to get it :)