I just woke up from a night of fuuuuucked up dreams that seemed to go on FOREVER. Thanks a lot, brain. Why you gotta be like that? I have a feeling it had something to do with what I ate for dinner last night (stuff that is originally frozen and in a box is no longer my friend, it would seem. That's a good thing, mostly). So I'm up early on my last day off of this holiday weekend thing and I felt the need to ramble.
A lot of sitting and knitting has happened this weekend and that gives me a lot of time to think. Usually I don't think too far ahead about the year to come, but this year is different. I'm coming up on 1 year of attempting to ditch the lard and I've decided it can't hurt to set a goal or two.
**Please note: these are goals, not resolutions. Resolutions are vehicles of guilt. Goals are worked toward. Big difference. **
For the past couple of months, if I'm truly honest about it, I've been fucking the dog when it comes to weight loss and activity. Not to say that I haven't been working at it, because I have, I just haven't been working as hard as I should, or even as hard as I can. It's pretty evident in my lack of blogging, because where there's blog, there's fire. My fire was burning out a little, so it's time to get stoked. For reals.
I realized how much I want that "Holy Shit! Factor". Yeah, it's vain and self-serving but I don't care. I want people who haven't seen me in a while to be dumbfounded. How did I do it, I look fantastic. I've never had that, and I want it. I make no apologies for it, because there isn't a person alive who hasn't wanted something like that at some point. Something about casting the first stone, something about sucking it.
Now is the time to do it. I'm in hibernation/hermit mode at the moment, which means you pretty much have to come see me at work if you want to see me outside my house. Correction: starting tomorrow, you can add the Y to that list if you're willing to wake up that early.
Yes, friends, it's time to get back to the early morning grind. It's time to set the alarm for 4:45 a.m. and it's time to kick out the jams before work. It's time to get back to the regime. Lots of cardio, lots of sweat, lots of laundry.
that's one of a few goals I have in mind for 2010, to keep working at it both in food and in activity, and to get to a good solid weight lost number by this time next year.
There's another super fun and awesome goal that has been set in my mind, but I don't want to blab about that just yet. Gotta make sure my heart doesn't explode or certain joints don't collapse altogether when I try it before I say "yeah, I'm doing this".
So, happy new year to all of you guys, here's to pushing the restart button if you need to, and keep going to the people who've been keeping up the fight all this time.
xo
LB

I ran across your post from reading some of your friends blogs...(I'll admit it I was bored and wanted to see where the internet took me haha)
ReplyDeleteIf you really want that wow factor...what you need to do is have comparison photos to see the differences. I did that and it's the best way to keep you motivated to keep working at it.
It's not the easiest thing for people to do as most people who want to lose weight, don't want their photo taken but it's the best way.
I remember at the beginning of my weight loss battle, it looked like I ate a beach ball but I can see the huge difference. Even though I'm not where I want to be...it's easy and great to see that I've come a long way.
Give it a try. when you start getting comments from people on your blog, you'll see how amazing you feel.
Fuck. That word is like a close relative of mine... and yours! Fucking the dog!? I almost choked (with glee).
ReplyDeleteThe laundry, and cleaning... it makes me schweaty, and burns a ton of calories. I hope that you get on the road towards those goals- I am not a fan of the "resolution" thing either.
Anyway. Hope you are around more!
@anonymous: it's funny you should mention the photo progression idea, because I did something like this not too long ago while having a chat with a friend. they're all head shots, but man, they are doozies, and you can see the changes happening (in both directions). I might scan 'em in and share the love. Although, throwing them on the internets isn't my favourite idea.
ReplyDelete@losing waist! FUCK!!!! Best word ever. I am making a definite effort to be here and at the gym more. Gotta get myself whipped into shape and leave that poor dog alone :)