So here we are, the flip side of new year's. It's early and I'm sitting here reading lots of retrospective stuff and thinking about what 2009 was to me. Usually I don't get all reflective, but goddamn it, I am proud of what I accomplished this year.
In about 2 weeks, I will have been on the lard removal wagon for a whole year. Non-stop. That is the longest I have ever made an effort to get rid of this physical baggage. I've made the food choices (good and bad), counted the points and stepped on the scale every Saturday, regardless of what the outcome might have been.
Good for me. I don't say that often, but good for me.
I also joined the Y and managed to actually GO. A fair bit too. There's room for improvement there but that's not the point. My point is that my membership is still valid, used and enjoyed. There's a first time for everything.
So, here we go, 2010. This is going to be a big year. I am not setting any lofty numerical goals because what comes off, comes off. The fact that i'm continuing to make the effort is enough for me. This will be a big year of hard work, new experiences and taking NO prisoners.
This is not THE year, this is ANOTHER year, which is far more inspiring for me.
xo
Lesley B.

No comments:
Post a Comment