Saturday, January 30, 2010

B A F


When my sisters and I were kids, we played a game called TV Times. Actually, this game was played before our parents got together and before we all were thrown into the same house. At this point, Jenn and I still lived across the street from Norah and Helen.

The street we lived on, just a few blocks away from where I'm typing this, is in an older part of London that has gorgeous, big, old trees. Norah's house was lucky enough to have one on both sides of the driveway, and those trees made TV Times the best game going.

How it was played is simple: one kid stands by one tree, another kid stands by the other. One of the kids thinks of a television show and gives the clue using only the first letter of each word (H D for Happy Days, A I T F for All in the Family, etc) and when the opposing kid guessed it, both kids would launch into a run. You had to run across, touch the other tree and then hoof it back to your own tree and yell "BEAT!" before the other kid. Simple game but it garnered hours of laughter and "ummmmmmm"s. Of course, when I was very little, my answer for everything was Laverne and Shirley. Since I didn't know my alphabet yet, I would give clues like "R B A" and opposing sister would roll their eyes and say "laverne and shirley" and the race would be on.

how could they not humour this little cutie?


Hahahha man I loved that dress.

Anyhow, I'm taking you down this memory lane because lately, I feel like I'm in a never ending game of back and forth Weight Loss Tag. Up 2.4 last week, down 2.8 this week (YES.) Up 0.2 one week, down 0.1 the next. I feel like I'm stuck between two big trees, running back and forth and not getting anywhere.

It's really fucking frustrating, but what is kind of surprising is that there's no way I want to give up. My pal Diane pointed out a very important fact the other day: look at the difference from a year ago. I wasn't doing anything in terms of exercise and I was still in the early shaky days of weight loss. Now, I'm all about WW, the Y and attempting to put roller skates on my feet and not die. I walk to and from work, rarely ever taking any other mode of travel. i am focused and determined, and much more confident. So, thanks for pointing that out, tootie. Sometimes we need the good reminders.

But I swear to god, if i don't get out of the 270's soon, I'm gonna lose my motherfucking shit. :)

xo
lb



1 comment:

  1. Hey toots---I won't let you lose your motherfucking shit so hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter