I had forgotten how cool it is when something in my own life clicks with a topic that has come up in a meeting. Today I noticed my hunger cycle and just how finely tuned it can be.
On Saturday, Moya touched on the topic of actual hunger vs. emotional eating and how to listen to what your body is telling you. One lady in the group said that before she started weight watchers, she had absolutely NO idea what hunger felt like. Her stomach had never growled or anything. I can't even get my head around that one.
In the new trackers (I say "new" because I kick it old school. Selection Plan '94/Points plan '99, yo) there's a graphy-type area where you can chart the peaks and lows of your hunger throughout today. But dudes, I don't seem to need that graph shiz, because my hunger runs like clockwork.
6:15 am = breakfast which kept me going for quite a while. All of a sudden...BOOM. Starving. I looked at the clock and it was 10:00 on the dot, my usual morning snack time. So I chow down on a cup of Corn Bran cereal (which is the shit, by the way, it's cap'n cruch for adults who dig fibre). I work away for a while the...BOOM! Starving. I turn to see my friend Diane summoning me for lunch, two hours had passed. Same thing happened at 3:00 (afternoon break time), and then again at dinner. Like a Swiss fucking watch. It's neat to know that I'm getting dialled in on this business.
I must be doing something right with all this. Hunger is a good sign, it tells me that my body is doing something it's supposed to.
To think I used to coast through the whole day on nothing but coffee, stress and a chocolate bar. I really don't know how I'm still alive sometimes.
For the rest of the week I'm working at our downtown location which means I get to hoof it to get to work instead of hopping on the bus, thank god. I feel like a slug today. I just walked over to the grocery store (a whopping 5 minutes away) to get food for Team Goombah (the kitties) but it didn't help the slug feeling it all. Bleeeaaaaaah.
I need to get a Y membership going. It's time to start kicking out the workout jams.
xo
LB

Using hunger as an excuse to ditch the art department every two hours, eh? I hear ya. Working with Shia LeBouf over there can't be a walk in the park.
ReplyDeleteBye Shia LeBouf I mean Jordash. Obviously.
You are doing awesome Thoo. Can't wait to hear your Y stories!
Sarah
By Bye I mean By. Obviously.
ReplyDelete