Monday, June 28, 2010

And I'm runnin', Police on My Back

So, I've managed to nail my head three times on my open bathroom window today, AND I managed to kill my camera. Dead dead dead. I also had a mishap involving a grain of cat litter and my eye, but I'm choosing not to tell anyone about that.

Yup, it's been a totally radical day so far.

On the great bone fusion of 2010 goes. I paid a visit to bone doctor last wednesday where the purple cast of awesome was FINALLY removed from my leg. Let me tell you: fibreglass casts and hot/humid Ontario summers do not get along well. Not one bit. When the nurse cut that mammajamma off my leg, what was contained within (besides 6 weeks of leg hair growth) was nasty. A splendid cast rash that still hasn't totally gone away, despite slathering it with that stuff you use on baby butts.

I'm still not weight bearing, I get to hop around for another 6 weeks, but the fact that I get to wear (and not wear) my removable boot cast is totally awesome.

Thank god I held on to my aircast from the initial shitshow seven years ago, otherwise I would have been out a nice $200. This thing is rad even if just for the fact that you can adjust the air pressure depending on how swollen or bombed out your ankle is feeling.

I think I need to sit in on a meeting soon. I am just missing it much too much. I need to calibrate my brain a bit and a meeting would do the trick for sure. Still can't weigh in, but I can't worry about that now.

I'll leave you with my favourite Clash track at the moment. I'm knee deep in Sandinista! while I knit, thank god it's a triple album.




Peace oot, all.

XO
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter