Saturday, June 19, 2010

If we cannot work it out, we're gonna have to fight.

jeez. You'd think that since I had all kinds of time on my hands, I'd be posting more often even if just out of sheer boredom. Doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm still under orthopedic lock-up, still healing, the usual. I'm almost at the halfway mark (ugh.)

I'm trying to switch up my menu this week and go for more meats and vegetables, less of the same old shit. Nothing bad has been happening here food-wise, I just need to get even more back to basics in what I'm eating.

Not going to my weekly meetings is a fucking drag and a half. Not being able to get on a scale is even worse because I don't fully know what's happening in terms of numbers. I can't even go with the "oh, it feels like I'm losing/gaining/maintaining" because all I'm doing is laying or sitting around all goddamn day. Honestly, I feel like stupid Jabba the Hut most of the time.

Hopefully this week they'll put me in the removable aircast. that will do a bit for my brain because it denotes progress. I won't be weight bearing yet, but that doesn't matter much, it is another phase of this recovery and I need to move forward.

On a side note: big ups to my best friend Julie over at Part-Mom, Part-Nerd. She's such a good friend that she couldn't let me suffer through broken bones and super cool casts by myself so she up and broke a small bone in her foot last weekend. I plan on preaching to her about the power and usefulness of a thermos and an apron with many pockets for food transport. Keeping your foot elevated all day fucking sucks. Solidarity, sister.

Not much else going on around here. A bunch of my pals that I went through graphic design with chipped in and got me a hefty gift certificate for use at my tattoo shop and I went and booked my time this week. Holy shit, how fucking exciting is that! YAYAYAYAY! August 4th is the day of days and I can't wait. The finished product will be ridiculous and fun, and will most likely hurt like a son of a bitch, but oh well. Ain't no thang.

Time to forage for some lunch, turn up Black Sabbath's "Never Say Die!" album and get to knitting.



Peace oot!

XO
LB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter