I'm dying to get back to the gym.
No, I never thought I would utter those words, but I just did. And brothers and sisters, word is bond.
I am missing the Y so much, I actually woke up and felt really and truly frustrated that I couldn't just throw on some gym clothes and boot it down there for at least a swim. This feeling stems not only from the whole surgery/recovery thing, but also because I stopped a month or two before my surgery. I miss it. I miss the benefits of it, and how it improved all aspects of my health.
Also, I miss the knowledge that I was physically improving myself. I miss being confident in the fact that I was helping my situation and working toward something I've wanted longer than I can remember. I miss being in the trenches and fighting the good fight.
I still have another 2 1/2 weeks in this cast, and then 6 weeks in the boot (still not weight-bearing). I'm doing what I can do while I'm still out of commission but it ain't the same. I am actually feeling the physical need for exercise and focus. I can feel the War Measures Act quietly shouting out commands in the back of my mind, reminding me that it's still there. Fucking right.
The day that I can get back to my meetings, back on the scale and back to the gym can't come too soon, even if it's just in the pool at first.
Come on, August.
xx
lb

No comments:
Post a Comment