My handy helpful hint o' the day: if you're going to be spending 3 months cooped up in your home, especially if it's a small-ish apartment, make sure you have cable television.
I went into this shit thinking I'd be alright, that four years of only 2 somewhat clear channels on my ancient television had toughened me up. I was wrong. And now that the constant broadcast of soccer games on one of those channels has cancelled out whatever variety was left, I have confirmed that I'm a dumbass for not giving in.
Mind you, I have a shitload of movies and books here with me, but part of me needs the variety of flipping through the channels to either find something ridiculous to watch, or confirm that I'm not missing anything. I need that brain drain.
I'm not going to bother getting it hooked up now since I'm halfway through this deal, but I will make a mental note if this situation arises again down the line (oh god help me if it does).
Also, if you're gonna have your ankle fused, spend as much time as possible building up your leg muscles beforehand. This hopping around shit is killing me, and I'm pretty sure my left (uninjured) leg is just going to refuse to do any more sometime soon. Nope, sorry lady, you're on your own.
So, cable tv and killer leg muscles, that's what you need. Trust me.
xo
LB

No comments:
Post a Comment