Monday, July 5, 2010

Ain't no thang.

Saturday was a much needed tune up for me, and my concerns about screwing my brain over seem to be, so far, fading away. My focus remains on the two big tasks at hand: letting my ankle heal as it needs to heal, and keeping my food on the right path in order to ditch this lard.

That taste or normalcy, seeing both familiar and new faces, feeling the community lifted my spirits and really got my head back in the game. Next month I will get back to my regular life (with some limitation, true), and get back to functioning in the outside world. With my regained focus I know I won't be overwhelmed or panicked, I'll be cool like Fonzie. I just have to learn how to walk again (for the third time, actually), no biggie.

It's hot as shit around here, Southern Ontario really kicks ass when it comes to hot and humid summers. I was up at 2 this morning and the humidex was still over 30 degrees. Right now, it's registering at a lung-punching 40 degrees (that's 104 degrees for you american readers).

I'm hibernating in the air conditioned fortress of solitude, but still (crazily enough) considering going outside to knit. I'm sure I'll come to my senses soon enough.

Peace out,
LB

1 comment:

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter