Friday, July 9, 2010

Jabba don't knit.

Do you have any idea how much I wish knitting counted as cardio, or some kind of conditioning? Like, shit. I'd be able to bounce quarters off of any body part at any given time if that were the case. And I sure as hell wouldn't feel so much like Jabba the Hut these days.

With every day that drags by around here, more and more I'm dying to get moving again and re-launch the great assault on the lard. I miss being in the pool for Deep Water Aquafit and busting out a sweat on some scary piece of equipment. There's so much I want to achieve, and I am feeling so stuck here right now while I want for my ankle to fuse properly.

Last night, I couldn't sleep. That's nothing shocking since it seems to be how things are now. I got to thinking about what I want to achieve once I can walk and do stuff again. I'm still super sad that I didn't get to put my skates to good enough use before I had deal with my self-destructing ankle. I read some research about post-ankle fusion activity and apparently skating (ice or roller) is still do-able after the ankle has been fused, which fills my heart with nervous joy because being a ref is something I still want to do so fucking badly. I don't know if I'll be able to, because every ankle fusion is different, but the study did make me hold on to whatever hope I had left for it.

Gah. I have to stop thinking about it for now, it's making me dislike the current state of things even more.

In the food department: everything rules. Good choices, good food. Lots of cooking effort despite the melty heat. It's raining here today which has taken the edge off. Good times, good times.

Peace oot,
xo
lb

PS: Oh yes! Be sure to take a wander over to Hot Across Buns! My pal Steff and her partner in crime are serving up some serious sass with their Ass-o-gram Derby Gitch and shirts! Hell, I'm ditching as much lard as possible so I can properly express my feelings...with my butt! Their stuff is super fun, and definitely worth a gander!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Thusey! We need hangouts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dude, we totally do! I need trashy magazines and some Anya Face time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Skating is something I dream of doing again one day too. I am terrified of buggering up a knee or my sciatic nerve. Of course, I have two little turds new to the ice more prone to dragging me down with them.


    I’ve chosen you for a Beautiful Blogger Award. You can collect it here:
    http://lefttotheirowndevices.wordpress.com/

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of the organized lessons my mom enrolled me in when I was a kid, skating was my absolute favourite. It was the only thing I ever earned badges in and i absolutely loved it.

    Ooh! An award!!! Thanks MJ!

    ReplyDelete

Thusey, where you at?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter